Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Little Bit About Me


My name is Kimberly, and I'm 28 years old. I'm married to a non-member, Medical Research Scientist and have been recently called to serve as my ward's Primary Chorister. In our Christmas photo - ain't it great? :D - our son is 7 and our two daughters are 2 and 11 months (yes, they're that close in age, and, no, we didn't plan on that, haha).

My husband retired from the Army while stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, and found a job up here in the Seattle metro, but we're looking to build a home to stay in our same ward and city for several years. I teach piano, run a home business as a literary editor, and volunteer at my son's school to two classes as an art docent.

Growing up, my mom was my favorite Primary Chorister. I've always loved to sing, and I've played piano since I was 10. The only problem is my hearing loss. I have hearing loss in both ears, and I'm supposed to wear my hearing aids all the time, but I suffer from chronic migraines and headaches, so I trade in hearing better for feeling better. It's worth it. As a result of childhood hearing loss because of chronic ear infections, I speak very loudly. Sometimes, I speak so loudly that people can think I'm obnoxious or trying to become to center of attention. I try to read lips; learning ASL is definitely a struggle on my own. I really watch facial and body expressions, and I use my voice to command the room when needed. Like when a room full of primary children become rowdy and irreverent.

When I was called, I jumped on board immediately. The Primary Program is in about 6 weeks, so I don't have to teach anything new, but I'm going to have to rehearse, even more so than the children.

I'm so excited! :D Any questions for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment