Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday Singing Outline

"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up."

My grandmother once told me, "Marry someone who chooses to show up to church on time because that's a sign of a respectful person." Her words - and my choice to do better - have since changed me from a procrastinator enjoying (and also hating) those last-minute, race-against-the-clock adrenaline rushes to an organized planner who relishes in calm and understands that my planning helps others to find peace and calm during the sometimes Dark-Ages-like-moments of Singing Time on Sundays. :)

If you're struggling with planning, I'm sure you've tried a dozen ways to plan and organize, but let me try to help. Maybe you'll read this post as just another failed attempt, or perhaps (hopefully) you'll find the Sunday calm you seek.

I bought a $5.00 Primary Chorister Planner by MyComputerIsMyCanvas off Etsy, and one of the pages included is a Weekly Singing Time page. Here it is pictured below, filled out for one of my Sundays:




I can text or email a picture of the filled-out sheet to my accompanists so they can have all week to practice. I can plan one version of an activity for junior primary and another version for senior primary. I can plan what I'm doing for Nursery, and I have room to write down the "Learning Activity or Game" for Singing Time. This is all aside from the awesome top section where I can write down the titles and page numbers for opening and closing exercises.

Seriously, every chorister needs a planner, whether you buy this or use one that I've pinned, GET A PLANNER. Use it. Every Sunday, I plan out the next week's page, which is made much easier by planning at least month by month, if not the whole year.


Do you have a planner? If so, let me know. If not, how do you stay organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment