Saturday, April 30, 2016

"Hello, Hello" with International Flag Toothpicks



I wanted to do something different with the "Hello, Hello" song. We've sung it as it's written; we've sung it as one side of the room or one gender echoes the other. The prior Primary Music Leader used dollar store leis and had the kids sing "Aloha, Aloha." I thought it was a genius idea!

So, I bought these International toothpick flags from Amazon, figured out which country matched each flag, numbered them, and translated the word "Hello" into each country's primary or most widely used top two languages. In the end, we have 82 various flags (some flags were doubled or tripled in the package), and I wrote up a list of the translated hello's.

I'm going to let the new kid - or one of the new kids - pick a toothpick flag, and we'll sing the corresponding hello.

Here is the list. I hope they're accurate. Enjoy!

Let me know if you try it and how it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment