Sunday, April 10, 2016

Thoughts from General Conference - Sunday Sessions

Pres. Monson had the best quote of conference, in my opinion. It's one we can aptly apply to our Primary lessons and Singing Times: "May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." Songs to consider that correlate to this quote: Stand For the Right, Choose the Right, Do What is Right, Keep the Commandments, Choose the Right Way, or I Want to Live the Gospel.

Sis. Bonnie L. Oscarson asked a question that I believe Primary kids can understand and ask themselves just as easily as we adults can ask ourselves: "I knew it, but did I believe it?" On the 24th of this month, I'm singing a solo in Sacrament meeting, accompanied on piano by a good friend. The song, I Have Not Seen, Yet I Believe by Sally DeFord, exactly fits Sis. Oscarson's song and relates to the bearing of testimonies, too. Do we bear our testimonies as things we "know" or "believe"? What do we actually know versus what do we believe, and why?

D. Todd Christofferson quoted 3 John 1:4: "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." This would definitely be a great joy in my life. We should often remind the Primary children to carry with them to home and through the week the happy, joyful feelings they get from attending and participating in Sharing Time, Singing Time, and Primary class.

Dallin H. Oaks' quote, "Some things can only be learned by faith," is emulated in the songs I Walk by Faith, Faith, When Faith Endures, Go Forth With Faith, I Pray in Faith, and I'll Follow Him in Faith. Also, it's an important principle to reinforce in our Primary conversations.

Jeffrey R. Holland had a great talk that began with a dinosaur meme from Facebook. In other news, he said, "Please remember tomorrow, and all the days after that, that the Lord blesses those who want to improve..." He promises that if we do our best to improve, and seek the Lord as we do so, "...soon enough, you will have the success you seek."

No comments:

Post a Comment