Sunday, July 31, 2016

2016 Primary Program: We'll Bring the World His Truth (Army of Helman)


Our songs for August - "I Love to See the Temple" and "The Lord Gave Me a Temple" - we already learned, so we're getting a head start on the next song: "We'll Bring the World His Truth."


I had so much fun teaching the first verse of this song this past Sunday, and I know that learning the next two verses will be just as entertaining.


Since the primary children already knew this verse, we focused more on confirming we were saying the right words and then on having fun!

I have a gallon-size Ziploc bag of double-sided hand signs that I let the primary kids pick from, including soft/loud, fast/slow, piano only/a capella, boys/girls, teachers only/kids only, etc. After a child came up to pick a piece of Armor of God from a trash bag to put on the volunteer (my husband), they could blindly pick a hand sign from a gallon-size Ziploc bag and that's how we'd sing the song.



My son, modeling the Armor of God. In his pajamas.

The kids LOVED singing the song this way. To learn the next two verses - one this Sunday and the third verse on the 21st along with a whole-song review - we'll learn and sing 1-2 phrases at a time and then sing it again with a hand sign before learning the next 1-2 phrases. :)

How are you teaching your primary this song?

No comments:

Post a Comment