We're having an Olympic-themed Singing Time on the 28th of August, but it'll be pretty low key as I'll still be recovering from my tympanoplasty (eardrum) surgery on the 19th.
Here's the breakdown:
- TORCH: a flashlight, paper towel tube, black construction paper, tape, and tissue paper.
- OPENING CEREMONY SONG: "Grandmother," substitute for word "grandfather" in second verse
- INDIVIDUAL EVENT: "Quickly I'll Obey," pass torch from child to child, repeat song if needed until every child has had a chance to hold the torch
- TEAM EVENT: "When We're Helping," each primary class chooses a different chore/activity/event, etc. to substitute for word "helping" ("When we're vacuuming, we're happy...)
- CELEBRATORY/GOLD MEDAL SONG: "We Are a Happy Family," gold coins may be edible chocolate coins in gold foil or a printed/laminated medal for Fast Sundays
- SCORECARDS: dry erase cards filled out by Primary Presidency